- This event has passed.
02 – CKC Kayak Reservation – UA TidePoint for Baltimore Floatilla – Sat. June 10th 8A-12 for Registered Participants
June 10 @ 08:00 - 12:00Free
Floatilla is officially back!! Canton Kayak Club members have been offered a discount code from Waterfront Partnership again this year to encourage participation in the Floatilla. This year is going to be a little different, because we are going to put a rock band on Mr. Trash Wheel for a little concert!
If you have previously paddled five (5) consecutive miles, then Join the Canton Kayak Club – CKC Floatilla Team on Saturday June 10th from 8A-12noon in Baltimore Harbor!!!,
- Become a Floatilla Participant, by Registering on the Waterfront Partnership (WP) website Registration: HERE. [waterfrontpartnershipbaltimore.salsalabs.org]
- On their form, you are ‘providing your own kayak’ and do not need any additional ad-ins as you are a CKC member. At the top of the Summary Registration Page, click on ‘Enter a Discount Code’: CKCFLOAT23 before entering payment information ($35-> $30 Floatilla Participant Cost at Checkout)
- Then As a CKC member, Reserve a CKC Kayak from the Tidepoint OR Fells Point locations. This RSVP is for the TIDEPOINT location!
A REMINDER email with more information in preparation for the big event will be sent out the week leading up to the Baltimore Floatilla!
IF you have completed CKC Rescue Training in a previous season, you can volunteer as a safety paddler.
Info on Safety Paddlers:
You will be assigned a zone along the paddling route to monitor throughout the event. After the last participating paddler has passed you will be able to join the rally. You will also be the first group of paddlers to depart the rally so that you can return to your paddle zones and monitor participants during the return trip.
Paddle zone captains must:
- Bring your own kayak (or Reserve a CKC kayak)
- Attend a safety meeting at 6:30AM at Brown Advisory on Tuesday May 30th, 2023.
You will be on the water from 8:00AM until approximately 12:00PM. You will be partnered up with a waypoint captain (positioned on a pier in your paddle zone) and a motor boat captain who will also monitor your zone.